Here you will find a collection of tried-and-true recipes submitted by fellow Prime Timers members. Not only are these great recipes for home, but also for potlucks! Use them when you want to try something new, creative, and always tasty.
Baked Brie with Caramelized Onions
This is a great hot appetizer for any festive occasion.
1. Prepare caramelized onions: Melt butter in large skillet over medium high heat. Add onions, sauté until just tender. Add thyme, reduce heat to medium and cook until onions are golden, stirring often. Add garlic and sauté two minutes. Add ¼ cup wine, stir until almost all liquid has evaporated. Sprinkle sugar over onions and sauté until soft and brown. Add remaining wine and stir till liquid evaporates. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. On lightly floured board, roll out pastry to 1/8” thickness. Transfer to a baking sheet.
3. Halve Brie horizontally. Place one half of Brie, cut side up, in middle of pastry. Top with caramelized onions. Cover with other half of Brie, cut side down.
4. Draw pastry up around brie, holding corners. Tuck edges in and twist corners together to form bundle.
5. Beat egg yolk with 1 tsp water and brush on pastry, avoiding edges.
6. Bake at 425º F for 20 minutes or until golden and puffed. Let Brie stand in pan on rack for 20 minutes for runny cheese or 40 minutes for thicker cheese.
Preparation time45 minutes
Degree of difficultyNormal
|Only registered users may submit comments, please log in if you want o comment|